Community and Protective Services
Full Time | Permanent
Full Time | 1 Year Term
Internal | External
Competition No. CS-22-41
$25.93 - $31.90 Hourly
Are you a fully certified lifeguard that wants to make a positive impact in and around the pool? Are you a leader that demonstrates strong communication and teamwork skills? Do you take pride in promoting a safe environment for patrons and staff? If so, we would like you to join our aquatics department!
Reporting directly to the Aquatic Coordinator, the Lifeguard III is responsible for delivering the highest quality of; lifeguarding, lesson instruction, and advanced course delivery to patrons at the Manluk Centre. Additionally, the lifeguard III will record accurate water chemistry readings, complete provincial water samples, and oversee the use of aquatic equipment to ensure that safe work procedures are being followed. The Lifeguard III will assist the Aquatic Coordinator with lifeguard training, in-service preparation, and employee scheduling. This position is responsible for preventing injuries through active lifeguarding techniques and public education. The Lifeguard III will also oversee, assist, and complete maintenance tasks, administrative tasks, and other such duties when required.
This opportunity offers the following incentives:
- Discounted (optional) membership to use the Manluk Regional Aquatic and Fitness Centre when not working.
- Employee assistance Program
- Benefits (Include Extended Health, Dental, and Life Insurance)
- An additional shift premium for hours worked before 7 a.m. and after 7 p.m. daily.
- A deck footwear/swimsuit allowance.
- Paid training on select courses and recertifications