Additional and/or Desirable Knowledge & Skills:
- Grade 12 or GED equivalent
- Post-secondary education, or 2 - 5 years related experience preferably in an insurance claims management, legal, or municipal government setting: CIP (Certified Insurance Professional) designation or Paralegal/Legal Administrative Certificate is desirable
- Highly developed communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills are essential
- Excellent time management, prioritizing skills, and attention to detail
- Strong knowledge and experience with MS Office
- Currently holds or will attain ICS (Incident Command System) 100 and 200 level certificates
- Familiarity with insurance claims, coverage, and premiums
- Experience with contract law, business continuity planning and municipal government
- Strong interpersonal and above average organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Protect highly sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts
The work week is Monday - Friday, 35 hours per week.
The Town of Strathmore total compensation package includes a competitive salary, a comprehensive insurance and benefits package with flexible spending component, and LAPP pension eligibility.
Please submit a cover letter and complete resume of experience and qualifications, quoting Competition TOS2022-46
This position will close at 4:30 p.m. on Friday, October 14, 2022.
The Town of Strathmore thanks all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request.
This posting is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job ad is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.