Sturgeon County is recruiting for 2 temporary full time positions.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Assists with department preventative maintenance initiatives, programs, and the overall operation of the municipal water and wastewater systems.
• Maintain all utility lots (grass cutting and basic maintenance).
• Assist other utility staff in minor construction and landscape projects.
• Operate light equipment and tools. Light equipment may include but not limited to operating a light duty truck with trailer, push mower, grass trimmer and chainsaw.
• Keep all equipment at their disposal in good working condition.
• Deliver letters and notices.
• Take meter readings.
• Test water for chlorine and submit samples to Alberta Health as required.
• Maintain cleanliness, organization and tidiness of shop facility.
• Wash vehicles and equipment as required.
• Provide routine maintenance on valves and fire hydrants.
• Checking water distribution and wastewater collection facilities.
• Marking utility infrastructure for Alberta one call request.
• Assisting utility technicians with minor ground disturbance task to repair infrastructure.
• Gathering groundwater level reading from water monitoring well.
• Conducting preventative maintenance checks of waterworks systems main valves and collection system manholes.
• Exterior painting of utilities infrastructure.
• Installing signage for water & sewage line markers
• Complete other related duties as required by superior.
• Adhere to applicable responsibilities and accountabilities as outlined in the Sturgeon County Health and Safety Management System.
• Upon request provide a clear criminal record check.
• Valid class 5 driver’s license with an acceptable 5-year commercial driver’s abstract.
• Standard First Aid certification.
• Defensive Driving certification (or the ability to obtain).
• Ability to conduct strenuous work in an outdoor setting and perform medium lifting of 25 kilograms.
• Experience with trailer hookup, cargo securement and towing.
• Experience driving a pickup on gravel roads would be considered an asset.
• Must work safely, effectively and efficiently with others and alone with little or no supervision, always be punctual, communicate openly, take direction well, and respond to public inquiries in a calm and friendly manner.
• Familiarity with the Alberta Township Survey (ATS) System.
Hours of work:
Monday - Friday
8:00 am – 4:30 pm May 6 – August 30, 2019
Applicants must submit at time of application a 5-year Commercial Drivers Abstract dated within 30 days of application.
Internal driver evaluations will be conducted prior to hire.
To see full job advertisement details, please visit our careers page on our website. www.sturgeoncounty.ca
All interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume and cover letter stating the competition number to email@example.com
Competition #: 18-2019