The Town of Strathmore is looking for a professional and self-driven individual to join the Strategic and Administrative Services team. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Strategic and Administrative Services this individual will be responsible for supporting the department and the organization through Administrative Functions.
Why the Town of Strathmore?
The Town of Strathmore provides a range of services and programs that promote the well being of the Strathmore community, “Where Quality is the Way of Life”. Striving to be a leader in municipal administration and operations, the Town has a strong and engaged team focused on delivering these services to the citizens of Strathmore.
In addition to attractive career opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package including:
• Competitive base salary
• Comprehensive insurance and benefits package and a flexible health spending and wellness component
• Local Authorities Pension Plan for eligible employees
Interested applicants should apply with a cover letter and resume outlining relevant experience and qualifications, quoting the competition number TOS2019-22 to: email@example.com
This competition will close on Friday, August 16, 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request.
This posting is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job ad is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Main Point of Contact and Operation of Office Switchboard.
• Assist and provide back up for the Senior Legislative Assistant in the preparation of Council Committee Meetings, Agendas and Minutes.
• Assist with major departmental initiatives including Municipal Elections and Municipal Census.
• Assist with other departmental projects including Corporate and Council Events.
• Provide General Administrative support to the Strategic and Administrative Services Department
• Processing of all incoming and outgoing mail.
• Responsible for control and maintenance of the Security Systems for all facilities.
• Maintaining office supplies including printed items, promotional items and other supplies and; ordering supplies when required.
• Coordinate Burials within the Strathmore Cemetery and Maintain the Cemetery Database.
Qualifications and Skills
• Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a professional administrative position.
• Experience working in municipal government environment would be considered an asset
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
• Ability to multi-task
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Diploma or Certificate in Administration Studies or related field from an accredited organization.
Ability to work occasionally in the evening to attend meetings.