Strategy & Planning:
• Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new functionality in M-Files.
• Work with decision makers to prioritize M-Fil es development targets.
• Assist in conducting research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support budgeting. Select new end-user computers for yearly computer replacements.
• Help identify opportunities to improve user experience through training, communication, or technology changes to help maximize use of systems and the benefit of IT system investments.
M-F iles Development:
• Use M-Files administration tools to create and manage classes, properties, value lists, workflows, etc.
• Coordinate with vendors where necessary for larger M-Files development projects.
• Anticipate potential issues and plan appropriate testing procedures based on current development.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Order and receive new computers in keeping with County standards
• Configure and deliver new computers so as to minimize impact on user productivity.
• Install software using both pre-packaged distributions and manual installations in keeping with County standards.
• Purchase new software and peripherals upon approval of the Manager Business Services/IT.
• Create new users in directory services, and archive accounts for users no longer with the County in a consistent manner.
• Help with management of system rights according to standard County practices.
• Support phone system needs like moving phone desk set for staff relocation.
• Maintain documentation related to standards and areas of responsibility in language appropriate to the topic.
• Provide first contact support of incoming requests to the service desk via telephone, email, and chat to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues.
• Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk customers.
• Escalate incidents with accurate documentation to suitable IT team member, when required.
• Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
• Research solutions through internal and external knowledgebase as needed.
• Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
• Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate, including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined.
• Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
• Deliver basic training to groups or individuals on general use of Office or Windows products.
• Test fixes to ensure an incident has been adequately resolved.
• Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users.
• Contribute to solution knowledgebase as needed
• Provide suggestions for continual improvement.