This is a Contract Position to December 31, 2019 with possibility of extension pending budget approval
The IT Analyst's role will meet two requirements: M-Files support and development, and first-tier IT support. The former will involve identifying business requirements in concert with the various business units to prioritize development for M-Files. This includes improving integrations with other County systems as well as deepening the data connections within M-Files to maximize value and improve usability. The latter involves supporting users and technology. This individual will troubleshoot operating system, hardware and software problems as well as provide audio visual system and phone system support.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Strategy & Planning:
• Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new functionality in M-Files.
• Work with decision makers to prioritize M-Fil es development targets.
• Assist in conducting research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support budgeting. Select new end-user computers for yearly computer replacements.
• Help identify opportunities to improve user experience through training, communication, or technology changes to help maximize use of systems and the benefit of IT system investments.
M-F iles Development:
• Use M-Files administration tools to create and manage classes, properties, value lists, workflows, etc.
• Coordinate with vendors where necessary for larger M-Files development projects.
• Anticipate potential issues and plan appropriate testing procedures based on current development.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Order and receive new computers in keeping with County standards
• Configure and deliver new computers so as to minimize impact on user productivity.
• Install software using both pre-packaged distributions and manual installations in keeping with County standards.
• Purchase new software and peripherals upon approval of the Manager Business Services/IT.
• Create new users in directory services, and archive accounts for users no longer with the County in a consistent manner.
• Help with management of system rights according to standard County practices.
• Support phone system needs like moving phone desk set for staff relocation.
• Maintain documentation related to standards and areas of responsibility in language appropriate to the topic.
• Provide first contact support of incoming requests to the service desk via telephone, email, and chat to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues.
• Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk customers.
• Escalate incidents with accurate documentation to suitable IT team member, when required.
• Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
• Research solutions through internal and external knowledgebase as needed.
• Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
• Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate, including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined.
• Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
• Deliver basic training to groups or individuals on general use of Office or Windows products.
• Test fixes to ensure an incident has been adequately resolved.
• Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users.
• Contribute to solution knowledgebase as needed
• Provide suggestions for continual improvement.
Formal Education & Certification
• Minimum Grade 12 or GED equivalent;
• Completion of a post-secondary technology-related program (ie. Microsoft Office Specialist, Comp TIA A+ ) is an asset;
Knowledge & Experience
• Working knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems;
• Expertise in implementation of M-Files or similar Information Management system;
• Experience in VBScript or other scripting languages an asset;
• Basic understanding of information management;
• Ability to support MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint, as well as use Adobe Acrobat and MS Visio or equivalent;
• Working knowledge of systems including Serenic Navigator, CityView, ESRI GIS a benefit.
• Able to exercise independent judgement and take action on it.
• Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
• Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
• Highly self motivated and directed.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Occasional travel to remote locations within the municipality.
• Occasional evening and weekend work may be required to minimize downtime and meet deadlines.
• Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Name: Human Resources - Confidential P O Bag 100, Didsbury, AB T0M 0W0