Kneehill County is looking for an Interim Chief Administrative Officer. This role will be temporary, (six months) as we look for someone to fill the role permanently. Reporting to the Reeve and Council, the CAO is responsible for the overall administration of municipal operations and the day-to-day tasks of the County, as directed by Council. They are responsible for directing and coordinating the activities of the various departments.
The successful candidate will possess post-secondary education in Business Management, Public Administration, or a combination of relevant training and senior leadership experience achieved over a six to ten year period to be considered for this position.
Your proven abilities to develop positive relationships in a diverse environment will be complimented through municipal government experience.
- A demonstrated track record of leadership and senior management experience within a dynamic multi-dimensional service organization.
- Perform all functions, duties and requirement of a Chief Administrative Officer as specified in the Municipal Government Act
- An ability to work effectively with elected officials, community volunteers, boards and committees and public participation processes. Strong skills in motivating others and creating a shared purpose with a ‘positive’ customer service driven attitude.
- A progressive approach with proven experience in strategic planning, organizational development and achieving results in building team relations.
- Able to practice an open and transparent form of communication (oral and written) to staff, contractors, vendors, ratepayers and Council.
- A strong commitment to the health and safety of employees, contractors, and the general public.
- A thorough understanding of financial systems, budgeting and the municipal auditing process.
If you feel that you possess the skills noted above, send your resume and cover letter to:
Three Hills, AB T0M 2A0
Attention: Jessie Kasha
RE: CAO-Kneehill County
Human Resources Coordinator
We will respond to all candidates.