Completion of Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (e.g., planning or public administration), along with 3-5 years progressively responsible and diversified experience in municipal environment or related field.
- Strong collaborative skills and the ability to build consensus between multiple groups.
- Flexibility to alternate between technical to philosophical government responsibilities as required in the task or project.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Work independently or as part of a team to seek out and synthesize information resources in a clear and concise fashion.
- Understand and apply Provincial and Municipal policies, legislation, processes, and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with and communicates effectively and positively with other team members, departments, and external municipal and provincial government personnel.
- Possess and exhibit strong skills in presentations to Council, community associations and government departments as required.
- Experience working with Indigenous groups would be an asset.
- General understanding of planning principles as they relate to regional and municipal planning would be as asset.
- Manage time effectively to juggle multiple deadlines and tasks, and is required to work within irregular and tight time frames.
- Make sound decisions by using rational and logical judgment that reflects an understanding of the consequences of decisions.
- Able to work under stressful work conditions and to think and react quickly and effectively to problems that may arise from time to time.
- Estimate personal level of knowledge and asks for clarification and guidance as necessary.
- Previous related experience particularly in a public sector environment is preferred.
- Possess a valid class 5 driver's license.
Interested applicants are invited to apply direct to www.rockyview.jobs.
Applications are due by 10 pm MST on July 21, 2019.