: Temporary Full-Time - 1 Year Contract
: Rocky View County, Alberta
Number of Positions:
$27.00- $30.00 / Hour
The 40,000 people who call Rocky View County home live in a diverse blend of rural, hamlet, and country residential communities on one million acres to the west, north, and east of Calgary. Our dedicated employees work with a variety of stakeholders to develop innovative and unique solutions for our complex municipality. To continue to enhance the quality of life in our communities, we seek individuals who thrive on challenges, who provide excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment, and whose positive energy enables the County to grow and prosper.
Reporting to the Manager of Legal and Land Administration, the Insurance Coordinator will act as the main point of contact for all internal and external insurance needs.
- Review and assess County insurance policies to ensure appropriate types and levels of coverage are maintained, including making recommendations for change as required based on net benefit to the County.
- Ensure insurance policy requirements are being met.
- Provide assistance and advice to internal staff with respect to insurance policy coverage and general insurance questions.
- Manage the County's additional named insured (ANI) program, including:
- Administer the program in accordance with County policy
- Act as the liaison between the ANI and the County's insurance provider
- Manage the renewals of ANI policies, including invoicing.
- Administer the County's insurance claims, including collecting information related to the claim, and working with the County's insurance provider and assigned adjustor to provide the information necessary to achieve resolution.
- Manage payments related to claims.
- Collect and analyze insurance claims data including reviewing and reports from the insurance provider and making recommendations to minimize losses, as needed.
- Manage the renewal process for County insurance policies.
- Verify accuracy of County property, equipment and vehicle inventory lists at time of renewal to ensure all such County assets have insurance coverage
- Respond to internal staff requests for adding or deleting property, equipment or vehicles to or from insurance coverage.
- Create and modify procedures, maintain up to date records, and documents related to insurance
- Work with the Legal Services Coordinator to ensure proper coordination of legal actions managed by the County's insurance provider, including interpreting and providing advice on Reservation of Rights letters.
- Provide assistance and advice to internal staff with respect to insurance requirements for a variety of contracts, as required.
- Deliver high quality internal customer service by responding promptly to requests and concerns.
- Liaise with external insurance provider, as required.
- Assist with insurance budget.
- Prepare reports and/or presentations to Council, as required.
- Support the Manager in achieving the insurance related goals of the department.