Athabasca County is currently accepting applications for a full-time, permanent Information Services Technician.
Reporting to the Senior Information Services Technician, the Information Services Technician is responsible to assist in providing technical support to all County staff, including hardware, software, troubleshooting, and inventory.
The salary range for this position is $55,772 - $65,243. Athabasca County offers an attractive benefit package and contributes to the Local Authorities Pension Plan.
You will find a detailed job description on the Athabasca County website under Careers at www.athabascacounty.com or please contact Kelli Chamberlain (780) 675-2273 at the County Administration Office for further information.
The deadline to apply for this position is Friday, March 29th, 2019.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Provide technical support to all County staff including hardware, software, troubleshooting, and inventory.
• Maintain and manage the helpdesk ticket system.
• Support and troubleshoot computers, laptops, tablets, wireless devices, copiers, and mobile devices.
• Assist and work with outsourced Information Technology Service Provider on the County network, servers and internet as required.
• Assist in ensuring system backups, user access, and information security processes are in place.
• Assist in providing training to County staff, Management and Council members.
• Liaison with software and hardware providers
• Ability to lift and move heavy boxes (up to 40 lbs).
• In person, over the phone, and remote support using software.
• Working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems, networking TCP/IP, VPN, Anti-virus and Firewalls management, and Adobe cloud applications.
• Ability to relay highly technical information into non-technical terms.
• Continual upgrading of education and certifications.