Key Responsibilities Include:
• Provide technical support to all County staff including hardware, software, troubleshooting, and inventory.
• Maintain and manage the helpdesk ticket system.
• Support and troubleshoot computers, laptops, tablets, wireless devices, copiers, and mobile devices.
• Assist and work with outsourced Information Technology Service Provider on the County network, servers and internet as required.
• Assist in ensuring system backups, user access, and information security processes are in place.
• Assist in providing training to County staff, Management and Council members.
• Liaison with software and hardware providers
• Ability to lift and move heavy boxes (up to 40 lbs).
• In person, over the phone, and remote support using software.
• Working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems, networking TCP/IP, VPN, Anti-virus and Firewalls management, and Adobe cloud applications.
• Ability to relay highly technical information into non-technical terms.
• Continual upgrading of education and certifications.
Compensation is commensurate on experience, post-secondary education (degree/diploma), and determined according to the current Athabasca County salary grid. Athabasca County offers an attractive benefit package and contributes to the Local Authorities Pension Plan.
You will find a detailed job description on the Athabasca County website under Careers at www.athabascacounty.com or please contact Kelli Chamberlain (780) 675-2273 at the County Administration Office for further information.
The deadline to apply for this position is Thursday, June 13th, 2019. Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume to:
HR, Payroll Department
3602 - 48 Avenue
Athabasca, AB T9S 1M8
RE: Information Services Technician
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: June 03, 2019
Closing Date: June 13, 2019