Town of Westlock is looking to fill the position of Information Services Coordinator. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Information Services Coordinator is responsible for providing leadership to IT and Communication Services, which focuses on the Town's IT infrastructure and the day-to-day operational requests coordinated through the Town's Service Tracker Requests. This includes ensuring stable operation of the Towns IT infrastructure including developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly server infrastructure, network infrastructure, and telecommunications systems. The Information Services Coordinator is also responsible for the management and evergreening of end user devices which includes desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and printers. As the custodian of the Town’s Information Technology (IT) assets and support services, strategic decision making is required to maximize the capabilities and benefits derived from these assets and services by Town of Westlock's Departments. The Information Services Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Finance to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. As an experienced administrator and visionary, the Information Services Coordinator is a strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to strategically lead and facilitate discussions and provide technical expertise as a technology knowledge expert within IT and Telecommunications.
Please visit www.westlock.ca to learn more about the Town of Westlock. Go to the employment page to view the full job description
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare, manage and work within the Town’s budget and technology lifecycle plan to ensure adequate support of the Town’s information technology requirements. Keep proper detailed inventory and account of existing assets at all locations and manage assets throughout their entire lifecycle. Apply for government grants related to implementation of technology and be aware of collaboration opportunities with other municipalities.
- Recommend and arrange for pricing of Capital Asset replacement as well as supervise capital project completions for the department.
- Research, develop and implement projects for the acquisition and maintenance of hardware, software, licensing and hosted services. Acquisition should accommodate the needs of each department and location in the Town and should take into consideration current use and availability of equipment to determine the most efficient use of technologies.
- Take a leadership role in managing the Town’s plan for municipal government use of information systems including additions, deletions and modifications to the supporting infrastructure with provisions for evaluation and updating. Reinforce a team approach throughout all initiatives and work with staff to develop best practices and activities involving use of technology to further attainment of municipal goals.
- Ensure all information technology equipment and network to provide an efficient and reliable operation at a reasonable cost. Implement and support a variety of network services including Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Dynamics, Windows Services, GIS and Tangible Capital Asset software. Oversee implementation of network security at corporate level – including planning, implementing and testing business continuity and disaster recovery. After hours work is often required for regularly scheduled computer system maintenance, upgrades and repair.
- Plan, implement and manage all technology related to communication; e-mail, telephony, smart devices, portable workstations, remote access to resources, intranet and public web site. Maintain an Town’s information technology resource centre to be used by team leaders, office staff, workers and Council. The resource centre will contain hardware, software, courseware, and a shared workspace conducive to communication, collaboration and business data flow.
- Manage help-desk activities including helping staff to resolve issues in a timely fashion, escalating and tracking as necessary. Develop and train MD124 staff and Councilors in the proper use of the supplied technology to complete their various job functions and responsibilities. This includes one-on-one, just-in-time training and facilitating more formal in-services and group training sessions.
- You will be a member of the Asset Management Committee which facilitates the development of the overall Asset Management Plan; ensuring all infrastructure and as built drawings are obtained and provided to ensure accuracy of the plan.
- Ensure accurate record keeping, report generation, and responsible budget control for all information system functions.
- Work cooperatively with the public, Town Council and staff and address their concerns promptly.
- Through regular communications, maintain an effective working relationship with other key personnel, including, but not limited to: Town of Westlock Council, staff and departments, community groups, and related provincial and regional associations.
- Perform other duties and/or functions as assigned by the Director of Finance.
- Degree in Computer Sciences, Applied Information Systems, or Technology from a recognized institution
- Equivalent College Diploma with 10 years relative experience may also be considered
- Project Management is an asset
- ITIL 4 Certification is an asset
- Experience managing the Microsoft 365 admin centres, including Security, Azure AD, Exchange, SharePoint and Teams
- Experience managing FortiNet Firewall and AP appliances considered an asset
- 5 years of experience in an IT service delivery/operations environment where IT best practice processes have been successfully implemented
- Strong project management experience preferably in the development and implementation of business solutions
- Strong knowledge in implementation, management and continuous improvement of IT Service Management best practice processes (i.e. ITIL)
- Strong knowledge of network/PC operating systems, hardware/server protocols and standards, virtualization technologies (Hyper-V, VMware, ESXi, SRM, and Horizon)
- Extensive knowledge of technology issues relevant to customer service in an IT environment, end user computing management, and quality client services processes
- Thorough knowledge of public sector business planning and capital/operating budget preparation, and organization’s goals and objectives
- Current on technology trends, products and service delivery models
- Experience in the operations and maintenance activities of a data centre
- Experience with M365 licensing, migration, configuration/administration, and operational support considered an asset
- Experience with IT security/cyber security best practices considered an asset
- Experience managing or supporting hybrid computing model of on premise and SaaS/IaaS/PaaS environments
- Knowledge of applicable information management and data privacy practices and laws
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Municipal government experience is an asset
- Provide a current Criminal Records Check at own expense
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Mar 17, 2022
Closing Date: Apr 30, 2022