Position Type: Full Time, Temporary (9 month position)
Location: Work From Home, within Alberta
Rate of Pay: $60,322.29-$79,379.17 per annum
Hours of Work: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am. to 4:30 p.m.
Competition Close Date: March 9, 2021 or until a suitable candidate is found.
Sturgeon County is looking for an Information (Records) Management professional to support operational effectiveness and information management processes within the County on a temporary basis, until the end of 2021. The primary focus for this role will be conducting a Records Management Maturity Assessment and design and document workflows to make appropriate recommendations that positively impact information sharing and management practices. The IM Analyst is a functional expert on Information Management and a point of contact for Sturgeon County in this regard. This position will work remotely therefore we are accepting applicants within Alberta.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Promote Information Management principles and best practices.
- Manage the Records Retention Schedule in accordance with IM program.
- Responsible for assessing classification and retention period assigned to department records registered in the electronic document record management system (EDRMS) also known as HP RM 8.
- Provide input with regard to evaluation, preparation, and maintenance of record holdings and tracking programs.
- Perform individual department assessments on IM program implementation and performance.
- Coordinate and evaluate Information Management activities to ensure standardization across the organization.
- Develop and deliver Information Management training to Sturgeon County staff.
- Assist with Electronic Document Record Management System administration, testing, and maintenance.
- Routine liaison with departments in an information management analytical and advisory capacity.
- Routine liaison with external municipal organizations and/or vendors concerning Information Management services and initiatives.
- Provide input and expertise with regard to developing improved guiding documents, and maintenance relating to efficient information management and retention.
- Develop guiding documents for end users of the Electronic Document Records Management System.
- Provide professional and technical advice to develop and implement information management programs and systems (i.e. Electronic Document Management System).
- Participate in special initiatives/projects as required.
- Assist Access & Privacy Coordinator as necessary.
- Performs related projects as assigned or required.
- Adhere to applicable responsibilities and accountabilities as outlined in the Sturgeon County Health and Safety Management System.
- Ability to provide and maintain a home-based office as a condition of employment.
- Minimum four (4) years in records analysis, records administration, and/or records management programs that includes two (2) years technical records management and retention experience; or Post-secondary certificate or diploma in Records Information Management with a minimum of 2 years technical records management and retention experience. An equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience will be considered.
- Experience in business process analysis, with a keen interest in records management is an asset.
- Thorough understanding of functional methodology and experience in Content Manager 9.4; records management software, would also be an asset.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures of office automation systems, and skill in application of those systems.
- Knowledge and experience working in municipal government is considered an asset.
- Ability to deal with personal and sensitive information reliably and effectively.
- Strong written and verbal communications, including contributing to/preparing reports, guiding documents and training materials.
- Ability to understand and interpret the interdisciplinary nature of record keeping systems.
- Sound ability to communicate technical information in a manner understandable to those who are not subject matter experts.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and external contacts, and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficient skill in all Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint and other related software.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: $60,322.29-$79,379.17 per annum
Position Type: Temporary
Posted Date: Feb 25, 2021
Closing Date: Mar 09, 2021