Required qualifications include the following:
- Grade 12 or equivalent combined with a Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology (CET) or related field.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a responsible, hands-on Operational Infrastructure environment, preferably in a rural municipal setting.
- Extensive knowledge related municipal engineering, planning, development, transportation, and construction best practices.
- Strong communication skills combined with the ability to deal with a wide range of stakeholders through negotiation, coordination, and education.
- Proven ability to prioritize, problem solve, organize, and manage time effectively to meet deadlines.
- Proven track record of the ability to build effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Software (Access, Excel, Word) combined with experience using computer aided drafting (CAD) and geographical information systems (GIS) is an asset.
- A valid Alberta Class 5 motor vehicle operator’s license with acceptable driving record.
- A management approved equivalent of education and experience may be considered.
If this opportunity interests you, please forward your resume and cover letter no later than 4:30 pm on Wednesday, December 14, 2022, to email@example.com
. Cypress County would like to thank all applicants for their interest and time but only those under consideration will be contacted.