The primary responsibilities of this position will be to provide administrative assistance to the Human Resources Department. As well, provides assistance to County employees in all areas of Human Resources and Health and Safety.
•Assist with the recruitment, selection and onboarding process. This will entail drafting job postings, posting to various recruitment websites, screening resumes, scheduling interviews, conducting reference checks.
•Coordinate the annual seasonal onboarding process. Arranging training facilitators, venues, and training equipment. Preparation of required sign on paperwork. Creation and tracking of employee onboarding spreadsheet. Participate in orientation sessions.
•Manage and promote the employee recognition program.
•Create records as per Records Management guidelines electronically or hard copy.
•Review, revise or input Employee data into the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) data base.
•Responsible for the HR departments invoicing practices. Ensure proper coding and collecting authorized signatures.
•Update job descriptions and organizational charts as needed.
•Assist with the preparation for career fair attendance such as ordering promotional material, booking sites, coordinating attendees, etc.
•Responsible for the tracking and collection for employee’s drivers abstracts. Ensure that abstracts are in good standing.
•Assist with the annual coordination of the Health & Safety BBQ, Audiometric Testing, and Health & Safety Audits.
•Act as the Joint Health and Safety Committee secretary.
• Post-Secondary degree/diploma in Human Resources and minimum 2 years relevant experience in a similar role.
• Previous experience with a HRIS
• Familiarity with Employment Standards, Human Right, Alberta OH&S and FOIP is an asset
• Excellent organizational and time management skills along with highly developed problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality when dealing with sensitive situations and/or information.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email quoting the competition number in the subject line to: email@example.com
Please note this position is 0.5 FTE representing 17.5 hours per week
Thank you to all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.