The Municipal District of Lesser Slave River (MD) is seeking an aspiring human resources generalist/executive with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills to fill the role of Human Resources Advisor. This is a temporary full-time position for 18 months with the possibility of extension. A reasonable relocation allowance will be provided. The MD prides itself on its commitment to providing sustainable and innovative services, which contribute significantly to this opportunity-abundant and unspoiled region of Northern Alberta including the unparalleled miles-long white sand beaches.
This term position offers an exciting chance to explore the public sector, obtain hands-on experience, participate in strategic planning, and be a senior advisor to the leadership team. The MD is a non-unionized municipality in Northern Alberta offering a progressive and collaborative workplace environment. This is an opportunity for an upwardly mobile individual looking to develop their professional skills.
The ideal candidate brings a balanced perspective to resolving workplace issues and is an exceptional team player that demonstrates outstanding and effective listening and communication skills. The candidate must have the ability to build and foster productive relationships with employees while creating and encouraging an even more positive workplace environment through collaboration, innovation, and a culture of trust.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Human Resources Advisor will work in collaboration with managers and employees and will be responsible for providing technical support for all human resources functions including: workforce planning and advising; training and development; performance appraisals; salary and benefits administration; departmental budgets; recruitment, selection, and onboarding; research, policy development, and implementation. A secondary role is to provide a similar function for the Lesser Slave Lake Regional Waste Management Services Commission.
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources Management or related field; 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation would be an asset
- In-depth working knowledge of human resources functions and initiatives; including up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation
- Ability to work under broad direction and use significant independent judgement to interpret policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate articulately and concisely
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Demonstrate confidentiality, lead by example, and be a team player with a strong work ethic
- Demonstrate supervisory skills including the ability to mentor, coach, and guide managers and employees of the organization
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s license
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Feb 28, 2020
Closing Date: Mar 20, 2020
Job ID: 2006