Special Areas Board operates a modernized fleet of equipment and is focused on a detailed preventative maintenance and repair program. Work will consist of a combination of field service and in shop repairs and maintenance. The Youngstown Service Centre consists of nineteen (19) equipment bays and cares and maintain over 300 pieces of heavy equipment.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Key Duties will include:
1. Analysis, repair, and maintenance of:
• diesel engines
• trucks (gravel, water, and oil distribution)
• motor graders
• crawlers, tractors, self-unloading earth moving equipment
• various types of packers
• fire engines
• Other types of smaller equipment
2. Experience in diagnosing/repairing of Detroit, Cummins and Cat/John Deere engines would be an asset
3. Delivering and adherence with Special Areas Safety Program and all reporting requirements
• Grade 12 (or an equivalent GED)
• Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic Certificate, valid in the province of Alberta
• 2-5 years related experience with Commercial Vehicle Inspection knowledge.
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence
• Physical capabilities to perform job duties - required lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to communicate effectively using courtesy, tact and discretion and use good judgement
• ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬These are designated safety sensitive positions and mandatory pre-employment drug testing will be conducted on all newly hired employee
• 3rd and 4th year HD Apprentices may be considered and are welcome to apply
• Overtime work may be expected as a part of this role.
• Supervisory experience an asset but not required
• Please include a contact email address on application or resume
Please review the website www.specialareas.ab.ca for full details,
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
Or until suitable candidate is chosen
Please send an application form and/or resume quoting competition number to: Human Resource Services, Special Areas Board, Box 820, Hanna, AB T0J 1P0
We thank all applicants; however only those invited for an interview will be personally contacted