The Health and Safety Coordinator / Director of Emergency Management develops, administers, and implements company-wide Occupational Safety Programs to meet the goals and legal requirements of the County of Warner. These functions include, but may not be limited to, the assessment, facilitation and evaluation of injury prevention, environmental safety, occupational health and safety, National Safety Codes and the development, implementation and consultation on safety policies. This position will also act as the Director of Emergency Management for The COWREP and will be required to ensure compliance with all legislation relating to emergency management.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide or facilitate safety training required by the County Staff.
- Lead the external and internal safety audit.
- Provide safety support services to managers and staff.
- Lead the safety committee.
- Lead the County’s First Aid Program.
- Conduct work site investigations.
- Conduct accident or fatality investigation.
- Perform the duties of the Director of Emergency Management, for our regional Commission
- Keeping up to date with new or amended legislation and health and safety standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- OH&S Certificate Program and Canadian Registered Safety Professional designation are considered an asset;
- Three to five years' experience in occupational health and safety;
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the OHSA, AMHSA, NSC and Workers' Compensation legislation, and all applicable regulations/legislation;
- Familiarization with the Alberta Emergency Management Act
- Familiarization and or training in the Incident Command System
- organizational skills;
- Strong English communication skills (both verbal and written);
- Proficiency with computers, specifically Microsoft Office;
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize;
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail;
- Working towards certification, or already certified, under the Occupational Health & Safety Act/Regulations is preferred; and,
- Certified AMHSA Certified Auditor or willingness to obtain.
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Driver's License and an acceptable Alberta Driver's Abstract.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Dec 01, 2021
Closing Date: Dec 14, 2021