The Town of Morinville is a growing community on the doorstep of Metro Edmonton. Developed on a foundation of rich heritage and culture spanning 100+ years, it offers an excellent quality of life with convenient access to all nearby big city amenities while retaining the characteristics of a vibrant and flourishing centre for the surrounding rural community.
The Town of Morinville is seeking a dynamic and eager creative person who has a passion for graphic design. This position has an end date of on or before April 30, 2023, based on operational requirements. Working within the Communications Team, the Graphic Design and Content Creator will oversee graphic design services for the municipality, provide support for social media, update and monitor Town website as well as supplement and assist daily corporate communication activities.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work collaboratively with the Communications Team to develop graphics that promote the Town of Morinville’s strategic priorities, vision and mission.
- Translate marketing and communications strategies into effective content for website, digital & print media.
- Collaborate with internal Departments; provide design concepts & solutions.
- Analyze marketing data collected across platforms to assess the effectiveness and optimize the performance of digital assets, social media accounts, and Town website.
- Ensure content creation, production and execution timelines are met.
- Monitor progress of projects, including the tracking of all project files and archives, and provide continuous communication to the Supervisor, Corporate Communications regarding on-going project and status updates.
- Serve as an in-house resource for managing the content and media files.
- Assist in monitoring and updating social media, website, and other digital platforms.
- Post-Secondary education in Digital Communications, Graphic Design, Communications, Public Relations or a related discipline (equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered).
- Two years experience working in Graphic Design, Communications, Public Relations or a related discipline.
- Minimum of one year experience in a municipal or government communications setting, considered an asset.
- Extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite is required as well as advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Understanding of search engine optimization and web traffic metrics.
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Class 5 Driver’s License is required.
- The successful candidate will be required to provide an acceptable Criminal Record Check and Drivers Abstract.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: $29.63 to $35.38 per hour based on a 35 hour work week.
Position Type: Temporary Full-Time
Posted Date: Jul 07, 2022
Closing Date: Jul 15, 2022
Job ID: 202234-GDCC