Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Grants Officer is responsible for the ongoing administration of the County’s grant programs. The key skills and abilities for the successful candidate will be written communications and relationship-building.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Application and reporting of all grant funding for County activities and projects
- Research, investigate, process, and maintain correspondence with private, Provincial & Federal grant funding for County projects and applications.
- Act as key contact with local community groups, non-profits, and other organizations to promote the County’s external grants program, which funds facilities, programs, events, etc.
- Process all sponsorship/donation requests.
- Assist in the development of informational material.
- Assist local community organizations in funding acquisition, board development and oversee a biannual grant writing workshop.
- Assist Director of Finance; general clerical, research, minute taking and projects.
- Involved in capital budget process under the Director of Finance.
- Resource to Big Lakes County Library Board on an as needed basis.
- Perform other duties assigned
Education & Experience
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- A minimum of a post-secondary diploma or certificate in Community Development, Business Administration, Public Policy or other related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience is an asset.
- Experience with MAConnect is an asset.
- Relevant non-profit, board and grant writing experience are an asset.
- Criminal Records Check.
- Valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s license.
Submit cover letter and resume, including references to:
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to continually track multiple grants and projects in real time.
- Highly skilled in research and technical writing.
- Be able to write articulate and persuasive proposals.
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce quality work under time constraints.
- Must maintain confidentiality, be organized and flexible.
- Excellent presentation and corporate speaking skills.
- Must be self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interpret, implement and adhere to organizational policies, budget items, and procedures.
- Assist in preparing annual budget.
Deadline for applications: Friday May 15, 2021- 4:00pm
- Eunice McCauley
- Human Resources Manager
- Big Lakes County
- Box 239, High Prairie, AB T0G 1E0
- Ph: 780-523-5955 Fx: 780-523-4227
Big Lakes County thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Visit our website at www.biglakescounty.ca for more information.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: May 04, 2021
Closing Date: May 15, 2021