The Geomatics Services (GS) Summer Student position will focus on supporting the City’s Cityworks implementation and operational activities. These activities may include data collection, map production, data analysis and technical support functions to fulfill requests from internal and external GS clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
Spatial Data Support for Cityworks Implementation
• Field Data Collection
• Existing Data Migration
• Data standardization and clean-up
Geomatic Services Department Support
• Creation of high-level mapping products
• Update enterprise database system
• Assist with internal/external clients
• Actively participate in team meetings
• Provide high-level analysis as needed
• A student registered and returning to a university degree or advanced college diploma in Computer Science, Geomatics, GIS, Geography or related program.
• Strong background in Computer Science and GIS education preferred.
• Requires fluency and working knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS
• Field data collection, working with TRIMBLE products an asset
• ArcGIS project setup for Collector and Survey 123 an asset
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Cartographic principles
• Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Create Cloud, AutoCAD, FME
• Data editing skills/best practices
• Customer Services Skills
• Self-motivated, priority setting, multitasking and time management skills
This position will require the candidate to work in both the field and office environment. Contact with customers in person, by telephone and computer, regarding inquiries, may be required. The employee will be required to travel to other locations within the City of Leduc, and will need to have a valid driver’s license and provide a current, satisfactory driver’s abstract.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! To apply for this position, please visit our website at: www.leduc.ca/jobs
Competition closes at 12:00 noon (MT) on March 7, 2019. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Feb 22, 2019
Closing Date: Mar 07, 2019