The Town of Bonnyville is seeking an individual to work within a team-oriented organization to undertake the role of General Manager of Operations and Engineering. The Town of Bonnyville employs approximately 75 full-time and casual staff to provide services to the growing community.
The General Manager of Operations position is responsible for the planning, organization, direction and integration of the Town’s Public Works and Utilities activities and functions. The General Manager of Operations and Engineering is a senior management team member, reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) and working closely with the Director of Operations. This individual will be proactive, visionary, and highly professional with proven leadership skills and ability to adapt and lead change using superior interpersonal skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills. The General Manager of Operations and Engineering will be responsible for accomplishing department objectives and goals within guidelines established by the Town Council and CAO. Other responsibilities will include strategic planning, leadership, and administrative direction over Open Space and Parks Services, Transportation, Utility Operations, and Infrastructure and Engineering.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage the daily operations of the various Operations and Engineering Departments within the Operations and Engineering Division portfolio.
- Oversee Directors and Supervisors who lead teams in preventative and long-term infrastructure planning, including financial and capital planning, aligning with the Town’s strategic plan and objectives.
- Determining Operations and Engineering divisional priorities, ensuring operational requirements are met, engaging stakeholders, preparing annual budgets and working effectively with other Town staff and contractors.
- Promote a culture of responsible and quality public service delivery, consistent with the Town’s strategic plan and vision.
- Coordinate with Directors and Managers to establish service levels and look for efficiencies in all areas by contributing to the development of organizational leadership through focused development strategies including talent and performance management.
- Create and maintain a performance-based culture by ensuring the strategic plan is implemented and reported on consistently by staff.
- Mentor and coach staff to improve decision-making and performance. Provide opportunities to staff for training and development of both technical and people skills.
- Support the Town’s CAO to disseminate reports and information.
- Complete any other assigned duties as required by the CAO.
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in related field, such as civil engineering
- Membership or eligibility for membership with relevant professional association, e.g. APEGA, desirable.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience related to municipal engineering or associated technical and operational functions, including working knowledge of project management and municipal codes and regulations related to roads, transportation, utilities and so on.
- Proven history of supervisory and progressive leadership skills and experience, including long-term planning, visioning, and budgeting for operations and engineering or related services.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: The Town of Bonnyville offers a comprehensive salary and benefit package.
Posted Date: Dec 16, 2020
Closing Date: Jan 08, 2021