Posting ID: 22-72
Fitness Centre Supervisor
Permanent, Full-Time – 40 hours per week
$61,401.60 - $76,856.60 / annum
At the City of Leduc, our mission is People. Building. Community. We offer a collaborative and dynamic workplace where our values of Teamwork, Service, Respect, and Leadership guide our conduct and contribute to a healthy culture. If you would like to work as part of a progressive organization and enjoy a fast-paced environment, then this may be the opportunity for you.
We are currently recruiting for a permanent, full-time Fitness Centre Supervisor.
About this Opportunity:
Reporting to the Wellness Services Coordinator, the Fitness Centre Supervisor is responsible for maintaining the Leduc Recreation Centre’s Fitness Centre and Track facilities, which include a large variety of specialized equipment, and supervising a team of Fitness Attendants that operate these spaces. This position is the Wellness Services lead for customer experience, facility cleanliness, OHSW, equipment maintenance and administering the City’s Personal Training Partnership Program.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees fitness desk operations, ensuring the Fitness Attendant team has everything needed to operate and maintain the Leduc Recreation Centre’s Fitness Centre and Track amenities
- Coordinates wristbanding and customer check-in activities with the Guest Services team and performs the role of a Fitness Attendant as scheduled, or as required
- Develops and fosters customer relationships including customer engagement activities and surveys to support equipment planning and the delivery of fitness centre services
- Develops and implements a comprehensive cleaning program for the Fitness Centre, Track and equipment in collaboration with the Facility Operations team.
- Ensures standard operating procedures, facility conditions of use, and facility signage are all up-to-date and effective
- Develops and oversees an equipment preventative maintenance program that supports the proper day-to-day functioning and operation of fitness equipment as well as equipment longevity
- Coordinates equipment maintenance work by vendors and contractors
- Develops and implements equipment lifecycle plans that incorporate replacement needs and future utilization needs
- Coordinates the Personal Training Partnership program including marketing, promotion, contract management and dispute resolution relating to private personal trainers who enter into a partnership agreement with the City of Leduc
- Actively supports, motivates, recognizes, coaches, leads and supervises Fitness Attendant team, including performance management, work assignment and flow, scheduling, quality of service, and staff training and development opportunities
- Develops and implements recruitment and hiring processes for Fitness Attendants and plans and delivers training opportunities
- Ensures a positive work environment, celebrates successes, provides recognition and growth opportunities, resolves potential conflicts, encourages teamwork, fosters a positive team culture, and ensures consistent and equitable treatment
- Supports the Wellness Services Coordinator and Manager, Recreation Services with operational planning, budgeting and reporting related to the Fitness Centre and Track
Based on a 40-hour work week, the typical hours of work are Monday through Friday. Shifts are generally 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for 3 days per week and 11:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. for 2 days per week. Flexibility to work evening and weekend shifts is required in order to meet the operational needs of the service area.
You are the ideal candidate if you have the following:
- Post-secondary certificate in recreation or business administration or related field; or a certificate with a similar focus is preferred. Will consider applicants with a high school diploma complemented by working experience in the fitness and wellness industry.
- Recognized group fitness (YMCA, AFLCA, Can-fit Pro) or personal training certification (CSEP, ISSA)
- First Aid certification is required
- A minimum of three (3) years of fitness and wellness industry experience or closely related fields.
- Staff supervision and leadership experience are required. Minimum 1 year of experience in a supervisory role is preferred.
- Related experience in the fitness and wellness industry is an asset
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team setting with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong relationship-building skills with internal and external stakeholders and proven commitment to customer service
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs on a daily basis
- Must be willing to provide a current Criminal Records Check-Vulnerable sector at own expense
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! To apply, please visit our website at:
Competition closes at 10:00 pm (MT) on July 26, 2022. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Jul 07, 2022
Closing Date: Jul 26, 2022