Paid On-Call – variable hours and shifts
Pay range: As per IAFF Collective Agreement
The City of Leduc is currently seeking medically trained entry-level firefighters to join our team on a paid-on-call basis. Leduc Fire Service is an integrated fire department that provides service excellence in fire, medical and rescue operations.
As part of a fully integrated team, this position will provide fire suppression, emergency medical and rescue services. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy providing and promoting high quality customer-care to the community, this is the opportunity for you.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Our ideal candidate will be a fully-trained and certified Firefighter/PCP or Firefighter/ACP; however, to meet our current operational requirements, we will consider applicants who are willing to undertake National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) training.
Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal and public relations skills and the following credentials and training are required:
• Current registration and a member in good standing with Alberta College of Paramedics at the PCP or ACP level.
• Valid Alberta Class 4& 5 driver’s license minimum (an Alberta Class 3 driver’s license with air brakes endorsement is preferred)
• Driver’s license with less than seven demerits (a current driver abstract will be required at interview)
• Minimum Grade 12 education or recognized equivalent
• Ability to pass health and wellness and physical testing standards as outlined by Leduc Fire Services
• Reside within a 15-minute response time of Firehouse #1 (4119 - 50 Street, Leduc) upon completion of fire training.
• Successful applicants will become member of IAFF Local 4739
Successful candidates will be required to provide a current criminal record check with the vulnerable sector that is satisfactory to the City of Leduc. Employment is conditional on the successful completion of the pre-employment drug test. All Documentation is required to be presented at the interview stage.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! To apply, please visit our website at: www.leduc.ca/careers
Competition closes at 10:00 pm (MT), September 30, 2022. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be selected.