Rocky View County is committed to providing our employees a respectful and stable work environment, unique benefits that promote work/life balance, and opportunities for professional learning and personal growth. We seek individuals who thrive on challenge and will contribute their positive energy, innovation, and service mindset to making a difference and contributing meaningfully to the vibrant community of 40,000 people who call Rocky View County home.
Reporting to the Supervisor Budget and Reporting and overseen by the Manager Financial Services, the Financial Analyst is responsible for posting financial information to the General Ledger and providing financial information and reports to both internal and external customers. In addition, the Financial Analyst is responsible for financial management and reporting, budget and year end working papers and special projects.
Key Responsibilities Include:
All Financial Analyst assignments:
- Set up year-end working files and prepare audit file working papers. Ensure all schedules balance; investigate account inquiries and make adjustments / corrections.
- Assist with the preparation of the financial statements and schedules as required by external auditors.
- Key roles with year-end audit.
- Assist with the preparation of the Financial Information Return (FIR) and Statistical Information Return (SIR).
- Assist with annual business plan and budget preparation.
- Post daily transactions to Diamond/Dynamics or GL to include but not limited to: daily cash receipts, accounts payable, accounts receivable and bank deposits.
- Prepare and post project cost entries and general journal entries.
- Government surveys.
- Cross train, support and back up other Financial Analysts positions.
This position assignment oversees:
- Disaster Recovery Program
- Operating project funding
- Grant continuity schedule
- Postings (primary)
- Grant interest calculation
- Project set up
- Grant reconciliation & cost recovery: operating
- Record vehicles/equipment Tangible Capital Assets
- Inventory reconciliation
- Statement of Funding & Expenditures (operating)
- Operating project inquiries
- Variance reports & analysis (back-up)
- Operating project reconciliation
- Vehicle/Equipment reconciliation
Completion of degree in a related field along with a minimum 3 years of progressively responsible and diversified experience and:
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation (formerly CA, CMA, or CGA) a definite asset.
- Well-developed communication and interpretation skills, with the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated competence with basic computer functions, MS Office Suite, as well as basic keyboarding skills.
- Must be bondable. As a position with potential high-risk exposure to theft or fraud a criminal record check is required.
- Experience with Great Plains software (asset)
Interested applicants are invited to apply direct to https://www.rockyview.ca/careers.
Applications are due by 10 pm MST on the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however
only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Additional Job Information:
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Posted Date: Dec 06, 2021
Closing Date: Dec 16, 2021
Job ID: J1121-1561