The Town of Morinville is a vibrant, growing community located in the Edmonton Metro region. With a resident population of approximately 10,500, Morinville has a healthy business and residential community that offers an excellent quality of life in a smaller urban setting.
Town of Morinville is currently seeking a Permanent Full-time Facility Operator II position with the Community & Infrastructure Services Division. Reporting to the Facilities Team Lead, the Facility Operator II will be involved in the day to day operation, maintenance, and custodial duties of Morinville-owned facilities.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Operate municipal equipment, such as Zamboni, snow blower/sweeper, lift, hand tools and sundry equipment, and perform assigned work in a safe and responsible manner.
- Apply equipment specific operation skills, techniques and procedures in the performance of assigned maintenance activities on Town owned facilities.
- Perform custodial duties, daily maintenance checks, and weekly servicing of all equipment operated to ensure equipment is maintained as outlined in the work procedures. Wash and clean equipment as required and report any malfunctions and/or repairs required to the Team Lead.
- Assist patrons in the set up and tear down of equipment that is approved for use, and assisting guests/clients of the facilities with any questions or concerns in a prompt and courteous manner.
- May be assigned other duties within the Community & Infrastructure Services Division.
- High School Diploma (equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered).
- A valid Class 5 Alberta Operator’s License.
- Relevant training and certifications required to operate municipal equipment.
- First Aid/CPR and WHIMS certification (or ability to obtain).
- Related experience in operation of equipment in facility maintenance.
- Physical ability and dexterity to perform a variety of manual tasks (lifting, squatting, bending, twisting, and climbing). Work may be performed with exposure to outdoor elements.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, with the ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public, internal & external customers.
- The successful candidate is required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Driver’s Abstract.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: Starting wage of $26.02 per hour
Position Type: Permanent Full-Time
Posted Date: May 26, 2022
Closing Date: June 08, 2022
Job ID: 202230-FOII