Town of Morinville is currently seeking service oriented individuals to join our casual pool of Facility Operator II positions with the Community & Infrastructure Services Division. Reporting to the Team Lead, Facilities, the Facility Operator II will be involved in the day to day operation, maintenance and custodial duties of Morinville owned facilities.
Hours of work are irregular and will vary by assignment. This position will be scheduled and/or on-call on an as needed basis, including evenings , weekends and holidays. The term of work is expected to be from September 2022 to March 31, 2023, however, may adjust according to operational requirements.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Operate municipal equipment, such as Zamboni, snow blower/sweeper, lift, hand tools and sundry equipment, and perform assigned work in a safe and responsible manner.
- Apply equipment specific operation skills, techniques and procedures in the performance of assigned maintenance activities on Town owned facilities.
- Perform cleaning, daily maintenance checks, and weekly servicing of all equipment operated to ensure equipment is maintained as outlined in the work procedures. Wash and clean equipment as required and report any malfunctions and/or repairs required to the Team Lead, Facilities.
- Completing minor building repairs including wall patching, painting, replacing bulbs, ceiling tiles, etc.
- Opening and closing the facilities checking all exit doors, doing a complete visual inspection of the facilities after opening and before closing the facilities.
- Setting up and turn-over of events and programs following specific design and layouts as a provided during demanding timelines.
- Monitor inventory of supplies and report recommendation to order.
- Assist patrons in use of equipment that is approved for use, and assisting guests/clients of the facilities with any questions or concerns in a prompt and courteous manner.
- May be assigned other duties within the Community & Infrastructure Services Division.
- High School Diploma (equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered).
- A valid Class 5 Alberta Operator’s License.
- Arena Level 1 Certification.
- First Aid/CPR and WHIMS certification (or ability to obtain).
- Related experience in operation of equipment in facility maintenance.
- Physical ability and dexterity to perform a variety of manual tasks (lifting, squatting, bending, twisting, and climbing). Work may be performed with exposure to outdoor elements.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, with the ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public, internal & external customers.
- The successful candidate is required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Driver’s Abstract.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: This position is included within the scope of the Town’s unionized setting (CUPE Local 2426) with a starting wage rate of $26.02 per hour (2022 Wage Grid).
Position Type: Casual
Posted Date: Sept 20, 2022
Closing Date: Oct 03, 2022
Job ID: 202248-FOII