The Town of Morinville is a growing community on the doorstep of Metro Edmonton. Developed on a foundation of rich heritage and culture spanning 100+ years, it offers an excellent quality of life with convenient access to all nearby big city amenities while retaining the characteristics of a vibrant and flourishing centre for the surrounding rural community.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Facilities, the Facility Operator I shall be involved in the day to day operation, maintenance and custodial duties of Morinville owned facilities. Although support may be occasionally required in other Town facilities, work will primarily occur in the Morinville Community Cultural Centre. The hours of work will vary, including evenings and weekends.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain the cleanliness and sanitation of the building to the highest level.
- Operate Facility/custodial equipment (Floor machines, partition walls, security system, etc.).
- Minor building repairs including wall patching, painting, replacing bulbs, ceiling tiles, etc.
- Facility inspections, troubleshooting and reporting of needed building repairs and deficiencies.
- Assist with Facility operations and access through set-up and take-down for events.
- Provide Facility user support during events per set guidelines, procedures and regulations.
- Open and close the Facilities as required (check/secure exits, visual inspection of the Facilities).
- Snow/ice removal and sand/ salting as needed at entrances.
- Perform preventative maintenance as required.
- Regular maintenance of all custodial equipment.
- Accurately complete shift reports identifying relevant issues.
- High School Diploma (equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered).
- A valid Class 5 Alberta Operator’s License.
- Strong Customer Service skills and ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public, internal & external customers.
- First Aid/CPR and WHIMS certification (or ability to obtain).
- Custodial and/or Facilities maintenance experience is an asset.
- Physical ability and dexterity to perform a variety of manual tasks (lifting, squatting, bending, twisting, and climbing).
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Driver’s Abstract prior to commencement of employment.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: Starting hourly wage of $23.17
Position Type: Permanent Full-Time
Posted Date: Apr 13, 2022
Closing Date: Apr 25, 2022
Job ID: 202220-FOI