Posting ID: 22-89
Temporary, Full-time – 40 hours/week
$25.55 - $31.93/hour
This position has been deemed safety sensitive by the employer and as such
is subject to pre-employment and post-incident drug and alcohol testing.
At the City of Leduc, our mission is People. Building. Community. We offer a collaborative and dynamic workplace where our values of Teamwork, Service, Respect, and Leadership guide our conduct and contribute to a healthy culture. If you would like to work as part of a progressive organization and enjoy a fast-paced environment, this may be the opportunity for you.
We are currently recruiting for a temporary, full-time Facility Operator who will be responsible for ensuring an efficient and safe operation of the Leduc Recreation Centre and Alexandra Arena which includes arenas, field house operations and other rooms throughout the buildings.
About this opportunity:
The Facility Operator reports to the Supervisor, Facility Operations. This position is to work with the Facility Operations’ team, assisting in daily operations and general maintenance of the buildings, providing excellence in customer service, while following City of Leduc safe work practices and procedures. We are seeking a service-oriented individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills who is self-motivated, well organized and enjoys working in a team environment.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Perform safety and security checks, identify and report issues
• Snow removal
• Event setup and takedown
• Minor facility repairs, painting, glass and board repairs
• Cleaning of common areas and garbage removal
• Ice maintenance
You are an ideal candidate if you have the following:
• A high school diploma or equivalent
• A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in facility operations of a multi-use recreation facility
• Arena Operator Level 1. Arena Operator Level 2 is considered an asset
• Valid First Aid, CPR/AED
• WHMIS certification
• Must be able to work flexible shifts, evenings and weekends
• Must be willing to provide a current Class 5 driver’s license, with no more than 6 demerits
• Must be willing to provide a current, clear Criminal Records Check at your own expense
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! To apply, please visit our website at: www.leduc.ca/careers
Competition closes at 10:00 pm (MT) on September 29, 2022. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Sept 16, 2022
Closing Date: Sept 29, 2022