The Town of Morinville is currently seeking dynamic, experienced and service oriented individuals to join our casual pool of Facility Monitors at the Morinville Leisure Centre.
Reporting to the Fitness/Wellness Program Coordinator, the Facility Monitors are responsible for direct customer service by providing Fitness Centre orientations and monitoring guest use in the Fitness Centre. This position will also monitor guest activities in the Field House, Children’s Play Space presented by Atlas Premium Home Development, Meeting Rooms and Landrex Arena and provide general facility tours as requested. The Facility Monitors will assist with equipment set up and cleaning as needed for programs. The position serves as a point of contact for guests, is responsible for assisting with client needs, providing facility information, ensuring guests abide by the facility rules, while providing excellent service delivery.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Meets and greets guests, provides knowledge of Facility, and handles general facility questions.
- Provides fitness equipment orientations to registered guests.
- Knowledgeable on all Field House and Fitness Centre equipment, and is able to educate guests as needed.
- Knowledgeable on the Fitness Centre and Facility usage rules, and is able to educate guests as needed, enforcing as required.
- Tracks usage of facility by area.
- Accurately completes and files required documentation (orientation checklists, informed consent, waivers, Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire’s (ParQ’s)).
- Completes and files basic equipment safety checks.
- Assist with set up and cleaning of equipment as necessary.
- Responds to first aid situations within the facility.
- Comply with all Town policies, work procedures, rules, safety instructions, and relevant directives in the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulation and Code.
- Complete any staff and/or public safety incident or near miss reports as required.
- Post-secondary education in Personal Training, Sport, Leisure or related field, and/or certification in Resistance Training or Personal Training from the AFLCA, YMCA, Can-Fit-Pro or equivalent. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- 1+ years of experience in a fitness facility, preferably in a multiuse recreation facility.
- Experience in responding to emergency situations required.
- Exceptional customer service, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient skills in all Microsoft Office programs.
- A Standard First Aid with CPR/AED required.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: Starting wage of $25.59 per hour. Hours of work for this position are irregular and will vary by assignment. Length of assignments may range from a few hours to longer terms, and may include days/evenings and weekends.
Position Type: Casual
Posted Date: Sept 27, 2022
Closing Date: Oct 14, 2022
Job ID: 202251-FM