The Facilities Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that both the short and long term building and facilities needs of the County are met. This is accomplished through accurate monitoring of current facilities and accurate planning of future system improvements and upgrades based upon projected development or legislative changes.
The Facilities Supervisor oversees the various County owned and/or operated offices, shops and community facilities and has the following direct report: Facilities Maintenance Specialist.
This position is responsible for developing a preventative maintenance program that ensures County buildings are properly maintained to extend their usable lifespan. This position is also responsible for running the day to day operations of the county buildings and responding to emergent items as they arise.
In accordance with Wheatland County’s Personnel Policy, the successful candidate will be required to submit to a Criminal Records Check, and must be legally entitled to work for any employer in Canada. Must have a valid Class 5 Alberta Drivers’ License.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- As a supervisor with direct reports, participate in the recruitment and selection process, conduct new employee onboarding / orientation, train, coach, performance manage, participate in employees’ career development, and actively participate in other corporate-endorsed human resource management processes and procedures.
- Participate in the budgeting process for building and facility repair and replacement.
- Monitor spending to ensure that expenditures are consistent with approved budgets.
- Overseeing the various building HVAC, security, fire prevention and other related systems.
- Oversee the tendering process for building improvements in the County hamlets.
- Provide project management for any new county initiated building improvement projects.Liaison with provincial government agencies, other municipalities, various industries, and the general public regarding technical, financial, and day to day matters.
- Regularly meet with managers and staff and provide status updates and recommendations to the Manager of Utilities on various County projects and objectives.
- Work with the County finance team to ensure accurate and sustainable tracking of county buildings and facilities.
- Maintain an accurate database of existing buildings and facilities, detailing both condition and age as well as expected lifespan.
- Work with senior management to ensure appropriate workplace health and safety objectives are met, and provide guidance to the Health and Safety Officer regarding the planning and implementation of occupational health and safety initiatives.
- Ensure adherence to all applicable Wheatland County policies and bylaws.
- Maintain own compliance with OH&S and ensure all applicable employees are in compliance with OH&S including employee attendance at regular safety tailgate meetings, employees being properly trained in OH&S related topics, and ensuring employees complete work in a safe manner.
- Appropriately, and in a timely manner complete administrative tasks when required.
- Relate to and communicate with co-workers, management, customers and vendors sincerely, clearly, tactfully, promptly and courteously; respond to inquiries and complaints promptly and professionally.
- Perform tasks, consistent with the position, including special projects / assignments, as may be required on an ad hoc basis.
- Post-secondary education in the field of building and facility management, or a related field
- 3-5 years of experience in facility maintenance management with demonstrated knowledge in building operation and maintenance of building components
- 3-5 years of experience in a supervisory capacity
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills including written and verbal
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Effective negotiation and conflict management skills
- Valid Class 5 Alberta drivers’ licence
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Oct 25, 2018
Closing Date: Nov 12, 2018