Facilities Operator I (Recreation)
Fulltime- 1 Year Term (Potential Permanent after term commences)
Comp # MS-22-30
Are you an individual that values health and safety that wants to gain experience in arena, pool, and recreation operations? Do you enjoy working in a variety of settings, with equipment and being physically active throughout the day? If so, we’d like to introduce you to our Term Facilities Operator l opening!
Reporting to the Team Leader, the Recreation Facilities Operator I is responsible for performing a variety of daily tasks maintaining and upkeeping the maintenance of City and community recreation buildings and facilities including indoor pools, pool operations, sports arenas, sports fields, and grounds. Some landscaping, snow removal, repairs, and operations of small equipment according to safety practices and standards will be required.
You are the ideal candidate if…
- You value a safe environment and will practice and enforce all health and safety policies and procedures.
- You are mechanically inclined and enjoy the physical aspects of work.
- You love variety and working in a fast-paced environment.
- You have excellent customer service skills.
- You have high standards for your work.
- You are strongly motivated to learn, eager to meet (or exceed) basic requirements, have good tolerance to stress/pressure.
- You love to engage and work with a team.
- You enjoy working outdoors in all weather.