Town of Morinville is currently seeking service oriented individuals to join our casual pool of Facilities Operator II positions with the Community & Infrastructure Services Division. Reporting to the Facilities Foreman, the Facilities Operator II will be involved in the day to day operation, maintenance and custodial duties of Morinville owned facilities. Hours of work are irregular and will vary by assignment. This position will be scheduled and/or on-call on an as needed basis, including evenings , weekends and holidays.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Operate municipal equipment, such as Zamboni, snow blower/sweeper, lift, hand tools and sundry equipment, and perform assigned work in a safe and responsible manner.
- Apply equipment specific operation skills, techniques and procedures in the performance of assigned maintenance activities on Town owned facilities.
- Perform daily maintenance checks, and weekly servicing of all equipment operated to ensure equipment is maintained as outlined in the work procedures. Wash and clean equipment as required and report any malfunctions and/or repairs required to the Foreman.
- Assist patrons in use of equipment that is approved for use, and assisting guests/clients of the facilities with any questions or concerns in a prompt and courteous manner.
- May be assigned other duties within the Community & Infrastructure Services Division.
- High School Diploma (equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered);
- A valid Class 5 Alberta Operator’s License.
- Arena Level 1 Certification
- First Aid/CPR and WHIMS certification (or ability to obtain).
- Related experience in operation of equipment in facility maintenance.
- Physical ability and dexterity to perform a variety of manual tasks (lifting, squatting, bending, twisting, and climbing). Work may be performed with exposure to outdoor elements.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, with the ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public, internal & external customers.
- The successful candidate is required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Driver’s Abstract.
Additional Job Information:
Position Type: Casual
Posted Date: Nov 23, 2021
Closing Date: Dec 14, 2021
Job ID: Competition 202163-CFOP2