Town of Morinville is currently seeking a service oriented individual to join the Community & Infrastructure Division team as a Facilities Operator I for an approximate term of 6 months.
Reporting to the Manager, Community Services ,the Facilities Operator I shall be involved in the day to day operation, maintenance and custodial duties of Morinville owned facilities. Although support may be occasionally required in other Town facilities, work will primarily occur in the Morinville Community Cultural Centre. The hours of work will vary, including evenings and weekends.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain the cleanliness and sanitation of the building to the highest level.
- Operate Facility/custodial equipment (Floor machines, partition walls, security system, etc.).
- Minor building repairs including wall patching, painting, replacing bulbs, ceiling tiles, etc.
- Facility inspections, troubleshooting and reporting of needed building repairs and deficiencies.
- Assist with Facility operations and access through set-up and take-down for events.
- Provide Facility user support during events per set guidelines, procedures and regulations.
- Open and close the Facilities as required (check/secure exits, visual inspection of the Facilities).
- Snow/ice removal and sand/ salting as needed at entrances.
- Perform preventative maintenance as required.
- Regular maintenance of all custodial equipment.
- Accurately complete shift reports identifying relevant issues.
- High School Diploma (equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered).
- A valid Class 5 Alberta Operator’s License.
- Strong Customer Service skills and ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public, internal & external customers.
- First Aid/CPR and WHIMS certification (or ability to obtain).
- Custodial and/or Facilities maintenance experience is an asset.
- Physical ability and dexterity to perform a variety of manual tasks (lifting, squatting, bending, twisting, and climbing).
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Driver’s Abstract prior to commencement of employment.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: Compensation: This position is included within the scope of the Town’s unionized setting (CUPE Local 2426) and is based on a 40 hour work week with a starting wage of $23.17 per hour, applied in accordance to the Collective Agreement.
Position Type: Temporary Full-Time
Posted Date: Oct 20, 2021
Closing Date: Oct 22, 2021
Job ID: 202155– FOP1