Town of Morinville is currently seeking service oriented individuals to join our casual pool of Facilities Operator I positions with the Community & Infrastructure Services Division. Reporting to the Facilities Foreman, the Facilities Operator I shall be involved in the day to day operation, maintenance and custodial duties of Morinville owned facilities. Hours of work are irregular and will vary by assignment. This position will be scheduled and/or on-call on an as needed basis, including evenings , weekends and holidays.
To keep our employees, their families and the public safe and healthy, the Town has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requiring all new employees to be fully vaccinated. Proof of vaccination provided by Alberta Health Services will be required as a condition of offer. Exemptions may be considered, however, they will need to be reviewed and validated by the Town before commencing work. Those with approved exemptions will still be required to submit negative test results (valid within 72hrs) before entering a Town worksite.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain the cleanliness and sanitation of the building to the highest level;
- Operate Facility/custodial equipment (Floor machines, partition walls, security system, etc.);
- Minor building repairs including wall patching, painting, replacing bulbs, ceiling tiles, etc.;
- Facility inspections, troubleshooting and reporting of needed building repairs and deficiencies;
- Assist with Facility operations and access through set-up and take-down for events;
- Provide Facility user support during events per set guidelines, procedures and regulations;
- Open and close the Facilities as required (check/secure exits, visual inspection of the Facilities);
- Snow/ice removal and sand/ salting as needed at entrances;
- Perform preventative maintenance as required;
- Regular maintenance of all custodial equipment.;
- Accurately complete shift reports identifying relevant issues.
- High School Diploma (equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered);
- A valid Class 5 Alberta Operator’s License.
- Strong Customer Service skills and ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public, internal & external customers;
- First Aid/CPR and WHIMS certification (or ability to obtain).
- Custodial and/or Facilities maintenance experience is an asset;
- Physical ability and dexterity to perform a variety of manual tasks (lifting, squatting, bending, twisting, and climbing);
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: $23.17
Position Type: Casual
Posted Date: Nov 23, 2021
Closing Date: Dec 14, 2021
Job ID: “Competition 202162—CFOP1