Posting ID: 22-60
Executive Assistant Mayor and Council
Permanent, full-time – 35 hours per week
$71,143.80 - $88,961.60 / annum
At the City of Leduc, our mission is People. Building. Community. We offer a collaborative and dynamic workplace where our values of Teamwork, Service, Respect, and Leadership guide our conduct and contribute to a healthy culture. If you would like to work as part of a progressive organization and enjoy a fast-paced environment, then this may be the opportunity for you.
We are currently recruiting for a permanent, full-time Executive Assistant for City Manager’s Office.
About this Opportunity:
The Executive Assistant to Mayor and Council reports directly to the City Manager. This position will provide administrative assistance to Mayor and Council while also supporting the overall operations of the City Manager’s Office. This position works to ensure fluid communication, coordination and continuity occur between Mayor and Council and the City Manager, and as needed with Intergovernmental Affairs & Corporate Planning, City Clerk, Community stakeholders, Corporate communications and Regional affiliations. This position will also lead projects as required, and be an active, collaborative member of the City’s larger Executive Assistant team.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and Manage small-scale events hosted by Mayor and Council.
- Act as a central point of access for the Mayor and Council to access City Administration
- Monitor and provide input regarding improvements to workflow process, policies and procedures, communication mechanisms, meeting mechanics, or any other function that would enhance the alignment between the function of the City Council and the City Manager’s Office
- Work in concert with the EA, City Manager’s Office, to coordinate office activities and schedules, develop and recommend office procedures to and by the City Manager and Mayor and Council
- Prepare presentation materials including minor speaking notes and information materials.
- Prepare meeting/event folders (electronic and hard copy), ensuring that all pertinent information/background information is included
- Develop the annual budget for the Office of the Mayor and Council, monitor expenditures and associated administrative details. This includes processing expense claims of the Mayor and Council that are internal to the City of Leduc, and/or for reimbursement by an external third party
You are an ideal candidate if you have the following:
- A certificate or diploma in Office Administration or related field. Experience in lieu of education may be considered
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of progressively responsible related experience with at least 3 years of experience providing administrative support to senior and/or executive management.
- Experience in managing multiple objectives schedules, and deadlines
- Working knowledge of municipal government structure and functioning is considered an asset.
- Exemplary customer service skills, including the ability to identify needs, provide prompt responses, and exercise patience, respect, and professionalism in all interactions when dealing with the public, elected officials, and city staff.
- Must have an ability to independently prioritize, plan, coordinate, organize, lead and monitor multiple organizational projects of a complex nature simultaneously and to quickly adapt
to changes in time frames.
- Working knowledge of Questica and Interplan Performance System/CAMMS Software is considered an asset.
- Experience supporting elected officials and/or executives in a municipal setting.
- Must be willing to provide a clean criminal records check
- Must be fully immunized against COVID-19 and be willing to provide proof of immunization or provide written approved exemption based on a protected ground under the Alberta Human Rights Act.
To apply, please visit our website at www. leduc.ca/careers
Competition closes at 10:00 pm (MT) on June 8, 2022. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be selected.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: May 26, 2022
Closing Date: June 08, 2022