Reporting to the Area Supervisor, the Equipment Operator performs skilled work for both summer and winter road maintenance. This work includes a variety of both equipment and labour-intensive tasks.
· Primarily outside work.
The salary range is $61,556 to $77,928 per year. Yellowhead County offers a competitive benefits package.
Apply at https://yhcounty.ca/county-office/employment/
Only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Operate grader, snow plow truck, gravel truck, loader, skid steer and other miscellaneous equipment.
· Carry out daily maintenance of equipment.
· Observe and report road, sign and culvert conditions when required.
· Brushing and clearing.
· Sign maintenance, installation and washing.
· Erosion control.
· Refuse collection.
· After-hours response as required.
· Labour-related duties as required.
· Ability to read and write in English
· Valid Class 3 Operators License with Air Brake Endorsement
· Acceptable driver’s abstract
· Ability to perform manual labour
· Completion of defensive driving
· Knowledge of road construction and maintenance techniques
· Mechanical Aptitude
· Two (2) years of small and heavy equipment operation
· Two (2) years of road construction and maintenance
· Good communication skills
· Completion of Grade 12 diploma
· Completion of Flagman Training
· Completion of WHMIS/TDG courses
· Standard First Aid and Level A CPR course
· Five (5) years of small and heavy equipment operation
· Five (5) years of road construction and maintenance
· Two (2) years of experience in a municipal setting
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: $61,556 to $77,928
Posted Date: Sept 16, 2022
Closing Date: Oct 14, 2022