The County is seeking applications for the permanent position of Economic Development Officer. This position reports directly to the Director of County Services. Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Develop and implement business retention and attraction strategies:
• Work directly with residents, new developers, current businesses, and community groups to provide advice, assistance, and resources;
• Evaluate development potential and economic effects of land-use projects and provide recommendations for County policy;
• Responsible for developing and maintaining promotional literature and materials;
• Provide administrative services to the Community Economic Development Advisory Board;
• Other related duties as determined by the Director of County Services.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Degree/diploma or equivalent experience in Business or Marketing;
• A minimum 3 years Municipal experience;
• Well-organized and excellent time management skills;
• Excellent verbal and written communications;
• Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Office Products;
• Work independently and as a team;
• Current Standard First Aid/CPR;
• Successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Records Check and Driver’s Abstract.
Hourly range is $41.51-$53.96. Current employees of the Thorhild County fulfilling the requirements essential to this position shall be considered for this position.