Competition MVC04 - 2021
Economic Development & Marketing Officer
Full Time – Benefits – $75,014 annual salary
Reporting to the Director of Legislative, Community & Agriculture Services the Economic Development and Marketing Officer is an essential component of the Mountain View County team. This position will play a key role in the development of marketing strategies and initiatives involved in the implementation and support of Mountain View County’s Economic Development Strategic Plan. As a specialist in public relations and marketing, the incumbent should have the necessary skills required to communicate effectively with the business community, intergovernmental partners, staff throughout the organization, Senior Management and Council. The incumbent should have a strong background in Marketing and/or Economic Development, understand the professional and political atmosphere of municipal government and be a proven performer in the continual development and implementation of a long-term strategy.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Key areas of responsibility are:
- Economic Development & Marketing of County Business Parks and Airport Lots
- Marketing of County Tourism and Special Projects
- Internal marketing of County programs and services in collaboration with the Communications Coordinator
- Develops and implements marketing strategies in alignment with the County’s Economic Development Strategy
- Completion of Grade 12 or GED equivalent combined with a University degree in Commerce, Communications, Economics, Business Administration or Marketing; a combination of education and experience will be considered;
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience, preferably in a rural municipal setting and in the capacity of economic development and marketing;
- Professional work record that demonstrates effective promotion of economic development projects and community relations initiative preferably in a rural environment. Project management abilities and above average oral and written skills.
- Proven and effective team building and leadership strengths; commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer service; demonstrated capacity to act as a self-directed team leader with rural awareness;
- High degree of competency in using computers for planning, reporting and analysis; able to use Microsoft Office Suite software and other municipal software; and
- Experience in Social Media, Website and Graphic Design will be considered an asset.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: Full Time – Benefits – $75,014 annual salary
Position Type: Economic Development & Marketing Officer
Posted Date: Apr 21, 2021
Closing Date: May 07, 2021
Job ID: MVC04 - 2021