Posting ID: 22-34
Eco Station Attendant
Permanent, Part-time – 20 hours per week
$21.76 – $27.24 hourly
At the City of Leduc, our mission is People. Building. Community. We offer a collaborative and dynamic workplace where our values of Teamwork, Service, Respect, and Leadership guide our conduct and contribute to a healthy culture. If you would like to work as part of a progressive organization and enjoy a fast-paced environment, then this may be the opportunity for you.
We are currently recruiting for a permanent, full-time Eco Station Attendant in our Public Services Infrastructure Maintenance Department.
About the Opportunity:
Eco Station Attendant assists the public with recycling drop off at The City of Leduc’s Eco Station. This position deals with independent contractors for the pickup of garbage bins, recycle bins, electronics, paint, oil, and household hazardous waste. This position reports to the Manager of Public Services Infrastructure Maintenance. The Eco-station also employs an adult with a disability that will require direction and supervision from this position.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform duties such as keeping the site and surrounding area free of litter to ensure the site is aesthetically acceptable to local businesses and residents
- Review all materials and remove contamination to acceptable market standards
- Inform the public of safe handling procedures for household hazardous waste
- Provide day to day direction to the customers in the proper sorting and disposal of items at the depot
- Ability to answer any questions the customer may have
- Keep records of all E-waste and fill out paperwork for office
- Understanding and adhering to the policies, principles, and practices of OH&S legislation, and the City’s requirements that pertain to this role
You are an ideal candidate if you have the following:
- Grade 12 Diploma supplemented by a minimum of two years’ experience dealing with the public in a direct customer service capacity or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Possession of a valid Alberta Class 5 motor vehicle operator’s license
- The ability to attain a City driver’s permit, WHMIS, TDG, and emergency first aid course and training
- Must be able to carry out and give oral and written instruction
- Knowledge of household hazardous waste and the ability to handle material properly
- The ability to do manual labour: heavy lifting
- Must be willing to provide a current Criminal Records Check at own expense
- Must be fully immunized against COVID-19 and be willing to provide proof of immunization or provide written approved exemption based on a protected ground under the Alberta Human Rights Act
To apply, please visit our website at www. leduc.ca/careers
Competition closes at 10:00 pm (MT) on March 30, 2022. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be selected.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Mar 22, 2022
Closing Date: Mar 30, 2022