Director of Utilities Competition # 1912 | Closes June 17, 2019
Picture yourself reflecting on your accomplishments as the surf washes the sand from your feet as you walk Devonshire Beach… Lesser Slave River has an abundance of natural beauty and man-made opportunity to offer anyone with an open mind and an adventurous spirit. Across our organization, municipal employees enjoy rewarding careers, close-knit communities, true work-life balance, and an unparalleled back yard. In Lesser Slave River you'll discover a place of rugged beauty. A place of real people. A place you'll never want to leave.
Key Responsibilities Include:
The MD of Lesser Slave River is seeking a permanent full-time Director of Utilities. The Director of Utilities will be responsible for the management of financial, operational, and capital programs, department policies and bylaws, and department budgeting. You are expected to present reports and concepts to MD Council and provide recommendation. You are responsible for directing and managing the municipality’s 3 water treatment facilities, 7 water distribution facilities, 3 wastewater collection and treatment facilities, and waste management facilities as well as the environmental and sustainability functions including monitoring and reporting as per government approvals and regulations. You are also responsible for MD Geographic Information Systems. You will lead a capable utilities team of 9 certified operators across the municipality and report to the Chief Administrative Officer.
• Ability to lead a team and build positive working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
• Strong communication skills with a focus on transparency, team participation, and safety
• Practical knowledge of water and wastewater functions, utility repairs, and preventative maintenance programming
• Proven ability to prepare accurate cost estimates, budget related data, and project management documentation
• Familiar with the Municipal Government Act and the Occupation Health and Safety Act
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Environmental Sciences, or Finance
• Certification with APEGGA, ASET, or related management certification
• Level 1 Water/Wastewater Operator Certification would be an asset
• Class 5 driver’s license
• ICS training would be an asset
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package, a variety of developmental opportunities, and the opportunity to make a real difference. Plus, you will have time to enjoy where you live.