- Post-secondary degree or diploma in related disciplines or applicable work experience; a strong willingness to take required courses will be considered.
- Senior Officer / Fire Chief experience is preferred.
- High level of Emergency Management training as per Local Authority Emergency Management Regulations (LAEMR)
- Incident Command System 100, 200 and 300 Courses
- Alberta Emergency Management Agency Director of Emergency Management Course
- Alberta Safety Codes Fire Discipline - Group A Compliant
- Extensive experience with and knowledge of the Community Peace Officer legislation and program. Familiarity with the Office of the Solicitor General is considered an asset.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in a senior management role.
- Excellent leadership and public relations skills that inspire and motivate staff and volunteers to perform at their best.
- Municipal experience is considered an asset, as a familiarity and understanding of the Municipal Government Act, bylaws, policies and procedures is required.
- High level of expertise with Budget preparation and planning.
- Must be physically capable of handling the demands of the position.
The County of Vermilion River offers a competitive salary and benefits package based on experience and qualifications.
Applications clearly marked: "CONFIDENTIAL - Director of Protective Services" can be emailed to :
Kathy Jeffrey, Human Resources Manager
County of Vermilion River
The County of Vermilion River thanks all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
All resumes and personal information provided will be handled in accordance with the Province of Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIPP) legislation. The personal information provided to the County of Vermilion River is being collected solely for the purpose of applying for employment.