Our growing Waste Management Operation is seeking an experienced Director of Operations who can lead operational innovation. The Director of Operations will assist in developing operating and capital budget and updating operational policies and procedures. The ideal candidate for this position possesses proven leadership skills, as well as a strong ability to problem solve and make sound decisions that encourage corporate growth.
Understanding the importance, purpose, characteristics, design, equipment requirements and regulatory environment of landfills is essential.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide executive leadership to operations in the context of the Commissions 10 year strategy.
- Manage the organizations performance and continuous improvement across departmental functions; act as a role model for the desired organizational culture
- Facilitate and reinforce a collaborative, efficient, agile, and customer focus approach to work for all staff.
- Ensure that safety and quality standards are met and maintained within Roseridge safety and QA programs
- Responsible for safety performance and awareness; managing initiatives that drive a culture of safety first
- Responsible for directing, coordinating, facilitating, and monitoring the daily field operations
- Responsible for creating and updating waste management policies and procedures
- Improve the business processes for each area through analysis and collaboration
- Leads coordination and integration of efforts among operations, engineering, technology, and customer service to produce smoother workflow and more cost-effective business processes.
- Implement and manage effective monitoring systems.
- Identify and recommend opportunities in the operation for cost savings and increased efficiencies through economics of scale, elimination of duplication, use of technology and group purchasing
- Oversee the recruitment, employment, evaluation, and release of staff and contract personnel.
- Develop and implement asset management processes such as policy, strategy, levels of service, risk management, investment prioritization, and lifecycle analysis.
- Prepare operational, statistical, and financial reports for the Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Arrange, monitor, record, and ensure completion of all general repairs, inspections, warranty repairs, etc. for equipment from external sublet contractors and suppliers
10+ years’ experience in a leadership role
5+ years’ experience in the waste management sector
Understand construction and surveying practices
Strong verbal and written communication abilities
Experience with developing budgets and writing business plans
Valid Class 5 drivers' license
Successfully complete background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
Desire to work cooperatively as part of a productive team.
Proficiency in using Office applications, in particular Excel with strong to advanced skills.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: $90,000-$110,000
Position Type: Full time, Permanent
Posted Date: June 01, 2022
Closing Date: June 10, 2022