We have an excellent opportunity for a Director of Infrastructure, Operations and Development (IOD) to join a vibrant and leading municipality. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Director of IOD will lead the infrastructure, land use planning and development, and public works and parks departments, as well as oversee the Town’s water treatment and distribution, wastewater collection and treatment, and solid waste management operations operated by 3rd parties. This is a key leadership position that provides strategic direction to the Town of Strathmore and the IOD Department. The Director of IOD will be responsible for overseeing and managing the operating and capital budgets and establishing best practices related to all infrastructure projects.
The type of leader we are looking to attract will be inspiring, innovative, and adaptable, with strong interpersonal and communication skills. The Director of IOD will be instrumental in building a positive culture for their department and the organization and have a successful track record coaching, mentoring and developing staff in their career progression and growth within the organization.
Strathmore is a vibrant, welcoming community that is recognized as a regional hub for business and recreation. Continued investment in recreation facilities, parks projects, commercial revitalization, and community programming provides an exceptional quality of life for our residents and visitors. Strathmore is in southern Alberta on the traditional lands of the Siksika Nation, surrounded by Wheatland County and a short distance east of Calgary.
The Town of Strathmore strives to be a leader in municipal administration and operations. Our experienced and engaged workforce delivers a diverse range of services and programs that continue to help us set new milestones for quality of life. Our recently completed Strathmore Municipal Building will bring all Administrative functions under one roof, providing new opportunities for collaboration across the organization.
To learn more, visit their website at: https://strathmore.ca/
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Establish and maintain a leadership framework for the IOD departments that fosters a culture of teamwork, collaboration, respect and results.
- Responsible for determining the methods and procedures for the design, construction and maintenance of IOD services and projects in accordance with Acts, bylaws, policies and sound engineering and administrative practices.
- Working knowledge of Municipal Engineering design; land use planning, community planning, safety codes administration, economic development, public works, roads, fleet maintenance, parks and building maintenance operations.
- In consultation with the Department Managers, develop the long- and short-term goals, objectives and strategies of the department for approval by Council.
- Attend Council meetings and present on various IOD topics as required.
- Oversee the overall IOD budget including all annual capital and operating budgets for all department related functions.
- Develop, implement and/or interpret policies, bylaws, acts, regulations, as required, etc.
- Provide leadership to the IOD Managers including Performance Reviews, Training, Coaching, Health & Safety Compliance and assisting with the planning and follow up of operational issues.
- Post-secondary education in Engineering, Business or Public Administration or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of leadership experience at a Management level.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in municipal infrastructure, operations, and planning areas.
- Experience in the preparation, management and execution of operational and capital budgets and strategic plans.
- Demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of people, including senior management, private and public officials, business and community leaders, advisory boards, union officials, staff and the general public.
- Fully experienced in the use of MS Office, with advanced computer skills.
- The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Driver’s Abstract and Police Information Check.
KEY COMPETENCIES and ATTRIBUTES
To be successful, the incumbent must possess:
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
- Strong leadership and management abilities to motivate, lead, organize and manage direct reports.
- Excellent presentation and public relations skills including strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in personnel management.
- Ability to make recommendations and decisions.
- Ability to plan, organize and supervisor a relevant project ensuring completion in a timely and efficient manner without supervision.
- Possess knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning and resource allocation.
- Ability to deal with difficult/sensitive business & personnel issues as required
- Working in a COVID environment
Sandy Jacobson T: 780.944.1327 E: firstname.lastname@example.org www.richardsonsearch.ca
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Apr 19, 2021
Closing Date: May 31, 2021