The County of Minburn No. 27 is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated leader to manage its Finance and Administration department based at the County Administration Office in Vegreville, AB.
The County of Minburn offers a competitive salary, pension and benefits package and also recognizes the importance of maintaining a strong work-life balance for its employees.
The County of Minburn is located less than an hour east of the Edmonton metropolitan area along Highway 16. The County maintains 2,800 kms of local roads, has numerous bridges, three hamlets and even a few recreation areas. With just over 3,000 residents, our area is predominantly rural with a strong agricultural foundation but through its regional partnerships offers excellent amenities for families and individuals that value a more relaxed lifestyle.
Key Responsibilities Include:
As a key member of the senior management team, the Director of Finance & Administration will be involved with the following:
- Providing leadership to the finance team and oversee the accounting functions including reception, accounts payable, accounts receivable, utilities, payroll and fixed assets
- Overseeing the assessment contract and managing the property taxation process
- Directing and coordinating the preparation of the annual and multi-year operating and capital budgets
- Providing leadership to the risk management function of the organization with respect to contracts, procurement, and insurance
- Managing cashflow and overseeing the short and long-term investment portfolio
- Responsible for grant applications and timely grant reporting to external agencies
- Supporting the CAO and Council through input on strategic priorities, the provision of comprehensive analyses and ad hoc financial reporting
- Compilation of the annual financial statements and the preparation of supporting audit working papers
- A professional accounting designation (CPA) or an undergraduate degree in business/accounting supplemented with at least five years of progressive municipal experience within a finance/accounting department
- Experience with strategic and business planning processes, budget development, financial reporting, and forecasting
- Proven leadership, supervisory and team building strengths required along with superior verbal and written communication skills
- A strong team player who can identify and add value across all departments
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Jul 19, 2022
Closing Date: Aug 15, 2022