Do you enjoy a fast-paced, progressive work environment and have a passion for serving the local community? Are you an effective leader, great at building relationships and strive for continuous improvement? This could be the position for you!
As a key member of the senior management team, the Director of Community Services delivers valuable Community Services to residents. The core functional areas the Director is responsible for include the development and utilization of Town Owned Facilities, Parks & Open Spaces, Family & Community Support Services, and Community Events.
The Community Services Director has the capability to identify needs, plan and develop goals, priorities, and outcome measures simultaneously.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to develop and implement operations, policies, and procedures.
- Effective leadership, management, team building strengths.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer service.
- Effective and proven leadership skills with focus on team building and collaborative approach with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to lead and support strategy, process, and policy development.
- Effective in development of short- & long-term planning with a focus on regional collaboration opportunities.
- Positive and approachable attitude complimented with a strong work ethic and ability to work on multiple projects.
- Knowledge and utilization of Municipal software applications including Diamond financial systems, Questica, HRISMyWay and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Superior written and verbal skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Experience, knowledge and ability to lead and work with internal and external boards and committees as well as agencies associated with Town business activities.
- Familiarity with the Municipal Government Act, and other provincial statutes and legislation.