We have a fantastic opportunity for a Director, Economic Investment & Retention to join Lac La Biche County. They are an employer of choice and are looking to attract a champion that will attract new and innovative investments into the region. Outstanding interpersonal skills, teamwork, superior judgment, commitment, and decision making, will be key for this role to ensure the Countys success. This opportunity is ideal for someone who is looking to make the next step in their career to a Director level role. The County also offers transitional housing and will help the right candidate put down roots in the community.
Reporting into the CAO, the Director, Economic Investment and Retention will be part of the leadership team, and work closely with Council and other County Departments. The Director is responsible for leading all aspects related to the creation of economic growth in Lac La Biche County with the goal of enhancing the Countys fiscal sustainability and quality of life. The Director creates strategic and tactical plans to achieve Councils strategic objectives related to economic development and investment. The purpose of this position is to attract and retain commercial and industrial business while working within a municipal environment that promotes customer service, collaboration, and creativity between Council, County staff, and the business community.
Lac La Biche County is a community of choice in northeastern Alberta. You can find Lac La Biche County just 3 and a half hours north of Edmonton and was born out of the amalgamation of the Town of Lac La Biche and Lakeland County in 2007. With around 10,000 residents, the Countys main hamlets are Lac La Biche and Plamondon. Rolling farmland, panoramic lake views and tranquil forests are all right in the Countys backyard. This community is brimming with amazing amenities such as the Bold Center (a large recreation facility), multiple libraries and schools, campgrounds, provincial parks, boating, and great local businesses and restaurants.
To learn more, visit their website at: https://www.laclabichecounty.com/
KEY COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Adaptability – Demonstrated willingness to be flexible, versatile, and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
- Strategic Thinking – Ability to assess options and actions based on trends and conditions in the environment, and the vision and values of the County.
- Relationship Building – Can establish/maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the County's goals.
- Communicates Effectively Can speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough, timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Problem Solving – Can Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and processes relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make key recommendations and/or resolves the problem.
- Decision Making – Can assess situations to determine the importance, urgency, and risks, making clear, timely decisions that are in the best interests of the County.
- Leadership – Proven leadership skills in mobilizing municipal and rural stakeholder collaboration and partnerships.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
| T: 780.944.1327 | E: email@example.com | www.richardsonsearch.ca
To Apply, please click here