Posting ID: 22-36
Director, Community & Social Development
Permanent, full-time – 35 hours per week
$125,343.40 - $156,556.40 / annum
At the City of Leduc, our mission is People. Building. Community. We offer a collaborative and dynamic workplace where our values of Teamwork, Service, Respect and Leadership guide our conduct and contribute to a healthy culture. If you would like to work as part of a progressive organization and enjoy a fast-paced environment, then this may be the opportunity for you.
We are currently recruiting for a permanent, full-time Director, Community and Social Development.
About the Opportunity:
Reporting to the General Manager, Community and Protective Services, the Director, Community and Social Development (CSD) provides strategic leadership and direction in the areas of Family and Community Support Services (FCSS), Community Development and Cultural Development, while participating and working closely with internal business units, community organizations and representatives to ensure that the most effective services, programs, policies and procedures are developed and implemented in support of key Council strategic priorities.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with FCSS, Community Development and Cultural staff and key stakeholders to establish a long-term business plan, strategies and standards in accordance with the priorities of the Corporate Strategic Plan
- Provide strategic direction for overall parks, recreation, social services and culture master planning, ultimately leading development and implementation of service level standards and performance measures
- Provide strategic advice and communication to the Executive Team and City Council on strategic initiatives and direction for CSD, as required
- Lead the planning and controlling of resources to achieve specific goals and project deliverables, engaging appropriate City departments and ensuring compliance to policies when outsourcing for projects and/or services.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and administration of the annual Operating and Capital Budget for CSD, in alignment with key corporate and department objectives
- Negotiate service contracts/agreements which support the provision of services/programs by CSD
- Ensure operational policies and procedures are implemented and reviewed on a consistent basis, leading and facilitating development and implementation of policies, procedures, memorandums of understanding and protocols related to areas of responsibility
- Collaborate with Emergency Management Agency Committee, CSD staff and key internal/external partners in the development, training and delivery of Emergency Social Services as part of the Municipal Emergency Plan (MEP)
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree in Public or Business Administration, or in a specialized related field of study and work
- A minimum of 10 years related experience with projects and programs requiring collaboration with community agencies and all levels of government
- Supervisory experience, exhibiting proven leadership, management, coaching and team building skills, with the ability to empower and motivate team members
- Experience with strategic and business planning processes, budget process and financial reporting and forecasting
- Attention to detail and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, to enable team work and promote positive internal/external customer service
- Well-developed political acumen combined with the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers
- Municipal government experience is an asset
- Must be willing to provide a current Criminal Records Check
- Must be fully immunized against COVID-19 and willing to provide proof of immunization as part of the recruitment process
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! To apply, please visit our website at: www.leduc.ca/jobs
Competition closes at 10:00 pm (MT) on 25 April, 2022. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Apr 05, 2022
Closing Date: Apr 25, 2022