Welcome to Brazeau County, the heart of west-central Alberta! Brazeau County is a land where industry and commerce join forces with outdoor recreation adventures and western culture to create a vibrant and thriving community. 'Welcome Home' is the motto for Brazeau County and we mean it! Brazeau County is a fantastic place to make your home. With a growing economy, beautiful countryside, excellent recreational opportunities and friendly people, we are conveniently located within reach of Edmonton and Red Deer. For more information about Brazeau County and the beautiful Drayton Valley, please visit www.brazeau.ab.ca
About the Opportunity:
Brazeau County has an exciting opportunity for a Development Officer to join our Planning and Development Team. This position administers the County's Land Use Bylaw and Municipal Development Plan as well as acting as the liaison with the Municipal Planning Commission.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Receives, analyzes and processes residential, commercial and industrial development permit applications
- Receives, analyzes and processes subdivision applications
- Receives, analyzers and processes Land Use Amendment applications
- Receives, reviews and processes Compliance Certificate and File Search requests
- Conducts site inspections for applications
- Performs tasks required relative to the enforcement of the Land Use Bylaw and follow-up on compliance with the Development Permit conditions
- Promotes public awareness of the Land Use Bylaw
- Provides advice, guidance, and administrative services to the general public, other departments and agencies, the Municipal Planning Commission, and the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board
- Researches and prepares reports, background studies, and presentation materials
- Participates in the development and revisions of Bylaws, policies and development agreements as well as other documents (i.e. caveats) associated with subdivision and development
- other duties as assigned
We would like to thank all who apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This job will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
- Diploma in Planning and/or a combination of experience preferably in a rural municipal planning environment. Completion of the Applied Land Use Planning Certificate is considered an asset.
- Must be able to interpret the County's Land Use Bylaw, statutory plans, the Municipal Government Act and other provincial legislation
- Valid Driver's License and acceptable driver's abstract is required
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Jul 30, 2019
Closing Date: Aug 30, 2019