Ideally to fill this role you will have a certificate in Applied Land Use Planning or a Diploma in Planning and three years of related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
In addition you will have:
What we offer:
- Extensive knowledge of the functions of municipal government, the application of bylaws and policies, and of the preparation of correspondence, affidavits and orders under the authority of the Municipal Government Act for enforcement purposes.
- Ability to express ideas effectively, orally, and in writing, and excellent organizational, report writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with external stakeholders and internal stakeholders, and maintain effective working relationships in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Strong negotiating skills to resolve conflicts and to achieve the city’s strategic objectives
- Ability to read architectural and site plans, and perform various mathematical calculations to determine compliance and/or various relaxations of code and bylaw requirements.
- Ability to work in a high paced environment, with constant interruptions, adjustments to work schedules, and with a high consequence of error.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to obtain membership in the Alberta Development Officer’s Association.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and the use of their vehicle for business use.
In addition to the very competitive hourly rate of $40.79 to $42.94 and an excellent benefit package, we offer a great work environment with a dynamic and dedicated team of likeminded professionals.
If you like what you have read and think this is the job for you; come build your career with The City of Red Deer. We are committed to a healthy, vibrant, and sustainable community. Our employees are the cornerstone of our organization and working with us will provide you with the opportunity to work in an ever-growing environment and to work with an awesome group of people.
We welcome applications until July 29, 2022.
For more information and to apply online, please visit us at www.reddeer.ca/careers or email your application to email@example.com