The Development Officer is responsible for processing and deciding upon applications for development permits, processing applications for statutory plan amendments, and receiving and processing subdivision applications for the decision of the Subdivision Authority. The incumbent may also provide clerical and technical assistance related to land use development, subdivision, and other planning matters.
Key Responsibilities Include:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accept, process, and decide upon all permitted and discretionary use applications
- Prepare subdivision application decisions for signature by the Subdivision Authority
- Inspect application sites prior to making a decision
- Maintains a development and subdivision application/decision database
- With the support of the Community Peace Officer, ensure compliance and enforcement of development decisions, regulations, and approval conditions
- Issue compliance certificates
- Defend decisions to the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board
- Process road closure applications and administer lease of County-owned property
- Liaise with safety codes inspection agency regarding coordination of development and safety codes permits, and lead annual audit within the region
- Certification in Applied Land Use Planning and/or related education, or equivalent experience. Prior related experience in a Municipal setting is considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of the Municipal Government Act and related regulations and policies. Prior related experience in a Municipal setting is considered an asset.
- Proficient in computer skills (MS Office) and a willingness to learn new technology, as needed.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: Provide salary expectations with application.
Position Type: Full-time permanent (35 hours/week)
Posted Date: Jul 15, 2022
Closing Date: Aug 30, 2022